Ubuntu 8.04 includes OpenOffice 2.4. The ‘shipped’ OpenOffice is missing a package that is required for the addressbook tutorial from tutorialsforopenoffice.org. Here is how to install the package:
1. System -> Administration -> Sysnaptic Package Manager
2. Settings -> Repositories
3. Select the Updates tab and check “Recommended updates (hardy updates)”
4. Edit -> Reload Package Information
5. Edit -> Search
6. Search for “openoffice.org-evolution”
7. Click on the openoffice.org-evolution package and select “Mark for Installation”
8. Click “Mark” when prompted for marking additional required changes
9. Edit -> Apply Marked Changes
10. When changes have successfully been applied click Close.
11. File -> Quit
Before following directions at the linked address users should be aware that OpenOffice.org Word Processor in Ubuntu is the same as OpenOffice.org 2.x Writer.
12. Follow the instructions at tutorialsforopenoffice.org